We currently have one Parent Governor Vacancy and are requesting nominations by 3.30pm on Friday 1st March.
If we have more nominations than vacancies, we will go out for an election.
The purpose of governance is to provide confident, strategic leadership and to create robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational and financial performance.
All boards, no matter what type of schools or how many schools they govern, have three core functions:
Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent (link to DfE Financial Benchmarking)
The Coombes Governors are responsible to The Keys Academy Trust for monitoring and evaluating the performance and effectiveness of our school, working closely with the Headteacher and staff. They act as a critical friend and are not involved in the day to day working of the school but work more strategically looking at how we can achieve our vision of -
A Love of Learning Grows Here
All Governors are volunteers. They are appointed to the Local Governing Body (LGB), by The Keys Academy Trust or by the Diocese in consultation with the Trust and The Coombes. Elections take place within school to elect our parent and staff governors, so look out for information on future vacancies.
Governors begin committee meetings with a Prayer.
Our current Governors are
- Luke Henderson (HT) Ex-officio from Oct 2021
- Kat Foster (DHT - Associate Member)
- Louise Connelly (Chair of LGB and Admissions Committee) - Appointed by the Trust, with a 4 year term commencing Sept 2022
- Christopher Peck (Chair of Finance, Premises and Personnel Committee, H&S Governor) - Appointed by the Trust, with a 4 year term commencing Feb 2020
- George Maina (Chair of School and Community Committee) Elected by Parents, with a 4 year term commencing Feb 2020
- Kate MacKrell (Chair of Child Development Committee) Elected by Parents, with a 4 year term commencing Nov 2022
- Kerrie Loft - Elected by Staff, with a 4 year term commencing Nov 2020
- Alan Goold - Appointed by the Trust, with a 4 year term commencing July 2023.
If you wish to contact our Local Governing Body or our Chair of Governors, please email the Clerk: email@example.com
For Governors' meeting attendance for the last academic year, please see the document below.
For Governors's Business Declaration of Interests for this academic year, please see the document below.
Governing Board Diversity Data
As a school we recognise that a diversity of thought, voices and perspectives is essential to good governance and the effective running of any organisation. We regularly collect diversity information from our governors and, depending on current data, can use this to:
· target recruitment to address gaps in experience and diversity
· develop and adapt board practices to ensure full participation
· prioritise training and awareness-raising in identified areas
· address potential ‘blind spots’ through seeking wider advice and perspectives on current and upcoming opportunities, challenges and risks
However, we are unable to publish this information as it would mean that individual members of our governing body are identifiable.