What is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is a funding allocated to schools by the Department of Education to increase social mobility and reduce the gap in performance between pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers. Its purpose is to raise attainment, accelerate progress and fulfil the achievement potential of all children. Schools receive funding for each disadvantaged pupil and can use the funding flexibly, in the best interests of eligible pupils. It is up to schools to decide how to spend the Pupil Premium funding because they are best placed to assess what additional educational provision should be put in place to ensure maximum progress for all the children within their care. All schools will be held accountable for how they have used the Pupil Premium funding and the impact it has had on the children's learning.
The Coombes' Vision for 'Growing' Learners:
At The Coombes Church of England Primary School, we seek to develop and educate each child to their full potential within an aspirational,and caring Christian environment.
The school aims to:
- encourage,support, stretch and challenge children, building self-confidence and an enjoyment of learning so that they become independent, self-motivated and resilient learners able to achieve their full potential and love learning all their lives;
- provide children with a large range of learning opportunities, to make them knowledgeable and skilful learners with lively, enquiring and creative minds;
- equip children with the knowledge, social and academic skills to enable them to move successfully to the next stage of their education;
- create a stimulating learning environment where standards and expectations are high and achievement and behaviour is celebrated and recognised;
- encourage children to love and respect the natural world;
- provide a safe,caring, environment where all children are known, valued and educated as unique individuals;
- develop knowledge and understanding of the Christian faith;
- embed Christian values within the school which are apparent to all and enable children to develop an understanding of moral values;
- develop knowledge and understanding of other faiths and of the wider world, fostering respect, tolerance,and appreciation of different beliefs.
Pupil Premium Strategy at The Coombes CE Primary School
Pupil Premium funding at The Coombes CE Primary School is used primarily to accelerate the progress for eligible children, through the planning and delivery of a range of enhanced and personalised learning experiences and interventions.
At The Coombes, we have a 62 of 400 (15.5%) children who are entitled to Pupil Premium funding.
Our inclusion team regularly reviews our Pupil Premium initiatives to ensure they are having a positive impact. Each year we plan priorities for this year's expenditure based on the cohort of eligible children.
Accessing the Pupil Premium funding at The Coombes CE Primary School
Funding is allocated to the school based on an annual basis. It is important that if you think your child is eligible for pupil premium support, you must contact the school office for more information. Individual requests for financial support for school-based activities are considered by the Head teacher. Requests can be made via the school office.